eInvoicing Adoption Leaders Group Minutes – 31 October 2022
Published: 21 February 2023
On this page
- Monday, 31 October 2022
- 2:00pm to 3:30pm (Auckland and Wellington)
- 12:00pm to 1:30pm (Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney)
- Room 1.22, Fonterra Centre, 109 Fanshawe St, Auckland Centre
- MS Teams meeting
- Stewart McRobie, Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Finance and Performance, Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE)
- Ethan Tan, NZ Credit Manager, Bunnings *
- Andrea Blackie, Deputy CFO, Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
- Kris Gerken, Divisional CFO, NZ Distribution Fletcher Building *
- Chris Greenough, Director, Global Service Operations Fonterra *
- Murray Trim, Decision Support Manager, Foodstuffs SI *
- Emma Dobson, Independent *
- Helen Peters, Group Financial Controller, Meridian
- Caroline Rawlinson, CFO, MYOB
- Rhonda Richardson, CFO, NZ Post
- John Boniciolli, Finance Director, One NZ (Vodafone)
- Sonia Shepherd, Billing and Dispute Hub Manager, Spark NZ
- Justin Brochocki, Head of Property & Commercial Services, Westpac
- Bridget Snelling, Country Manager Xero *
- Andrew Cooke, Product Manager (Secretariat)
- Alan Carnaby, Adoption Manager
- Linda More Manager, Marketing & Communications
- Lisa Ringleff, Senior Relationship Manager *
- Mark Wierzbicki, General Manager eInvoicing *
- Michael Alp, CFO (Acting)
- Roshan Pandey, Senior Relationship Manager *
- Glen Francois, Senior Finance Manager, ANZ
- Peter Gudsell, CFO, Auckland Council
- David English, National Credit Manager (Australia), Bunnings
- Marc Rivers, CFO (Outgoing), Fonterra
- Chris Rowe, Group Finance Director, Fonterra
- Nathan Marsh, CFO, Foodstuffs SI
- Alistair Smith, CFO (NZ), IAG Insurance
- Mike Roan, CFO, Meridian
- Scott Burgess, Delivery Unit Lead - Billing & Collections, Spark NZ
- Tania O'Brien, CFO, Westpac
- Neil Padley, Head of Finance Shared Services - Corporate, Woolworths NZ (Countdown)
- Quintin Pretorius, Senior Manager, Operations Enablement, Westpac
- Sara Hay, CFO, Wellington City Council
- Michael, Nyamudeza Finance Operations Manager, Wellington City Council
* Attended in person
|Board minute||Action required|
|New member organisations were introduced.|
|There was a roundtable of introductions. Members introduced themselves and shared the current state of their organisations eInvoicing journey and whether they have engaged an Access Point Provider (ASP).
Most organisations had not engaged an ASP as they are still planning their implementations.
There was a theme across the group that eInvoicing implementations for large businesses are dependent on significant Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system upgrade, consolidation or replacement programmes.
Some of the member organisations are either live with eInvoicing or expect to be in the coming months.
|The minutes from the previous meeting were agreed to be true and accurate.|
|The Chair noted that the meeting is being minuted to capture high level actions or decisions. Comments will not be attributed to individuals or organisations. Minutes are being published on eInvoicing.govt.nz.|
|Board minute||Action required|
|A representative from the MBIE eInvoicing team gave an update on the work MBIE is currently doing to drive the success of eInvoicing in New Zealand.
Engagement and promotional efforts are being stepped up as the team is now fully resourced. Central Government remains a focus.
This includes large senders to Government and thus the member organisations of this group.
|AP1.1 eInvoicing adoption in New Zealand slide deck to be shared with the group.|
|One of the cochairs of the eInvoicing Community of Practice (eCoP) gave a briefing on the fourth eCoP which was held earlier in the month. It was a highly engaging meeting with discussion throughout.
Discussion focused on the challenges for large businesses adopting eInvoicing including:
|Cumulo9 / Datam and Payreq, who provide mail house or access point solutions, gave separate presentations on alternative eInvoicing implementation pathways on the Peppol network.
They shared the ease and benefits of the outsourced solutions they offer.
|Kirk Hope, CEO of BusinessNZ, joined the meeting and discussed the work they are doing to support eInvoicing. Highlights included:
|Rob Fellowes, Transactions Controller, Woolworths Group (Australia), gave a presentation on their successful eInvoicing journey. This was a follow up from a presentation they gave during the last meeting which outlined their eInvoicing implementation pathway.
The presentation given at this meeting shared the next phase of their implementation which focused on people and a personal approach to change management and communications.
|AP1.1 The Woolworths PEPPOL Presentation will be shared with the group|
Meeting closed at 3:30pm
Next meeting to be scheduled to take place in March or April 2023.
Please note: This content will change over time and can go out of date.